Thursday, January 5, 2012
Mini " not so " tiramisu with berries
Ingredients for 48 mini baking cups
48 mini foil baking cups
2 lbs of mascarpone cheese
12 egg yolks
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 tsp of vanilla paste
1 tbsp of rum
1&1/2 cups of strong coffee
24 lady fingers, broken in half
1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate shavings
48 raspberries and 48 blueberries
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer on high for about 5 minutes or until the egg mixture turns pale and creamy.
2. Fold in the mascarpone cheese, vanilla paste and rum then mix on low until smooth.
3. Lay out the mini baking cups on a large baking sheet. Scoop one teaspoonful of the cheese mixture into the bottom of each of the cups.
4. Pour coffee into a shallow bowl. Dip the lady finger halfway into the coffee and squeeze lightly to get rid of excess coffee. Do not soak the ladyfingers. Lay the lady fingers on top of the cheese mixture in the cups. Layer on a heaping teaspoonful of cheese mixture. Continue until all 48 mini cups were filled.
5. Place one raspberry and one blueberry on top of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle lightly with the chocolate shavings. Cover baking sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.