Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Food Revolution

Just came across this website- http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution. Great foundation with a very important mission to overhaul unhealthy school lunch practices all over the world. I cringe every time I look at my kids's weekly school lunch menu. Corn dogs, hamburgers, and pizzas are regular items. Sometimes, I see salisbury steak, chicken sandwich, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, tostadas, etc. Of course, none of these meals look or taste the way they're supposed to be.  The kids may or may not eat them. A lot of these lunches are wasted. I definitely think kids deserve better school lunches especially since childhood obesity and juvenile diabetes are on the rise. So, do sign up to join this foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment